Thursday 7 February 2013

The Lost Bard



I walked amidst all the trees and bush,
All around me it was green and lush;
Going deeper and deeper in the green,
Whose end, these eyes have not yet seen.

Lost in the labyrinth since I entered;
From the path, how I wandered?
Cant just tell a tree from another,
All alone, rotting in the weather.

Thinking to myself, where did I come?
Is this jungle only meant for some?
Am I in a place not of my taste?
Time and resource, all gone waste.

They told me it would be a challenge,
From which shall I successfully emerge;
Of challenge and success what is the meaning?
Often are these words deceiving.

What if I had chosen the ocean instead?
Gone along where my heart led;
Spread my wings and fly up high,
In the open free beautiful blue sky.

Does surviving in this forest spell success?
All the people I know it will surely impress;
Should I care of what others think?
Will they help me if I sink?

But I know not which road to walk,
Neither do I know the door to knock;
Lost my last penny, all my skill,
My heart and my head lost all the will.

I walk and walk and end nowhere,
To change the road, not all dare.
What if I want a brand new face?
Give up and run a different race?

Hey life, give me that chance.
Don't leave me in this unknown trance.
Don't be dark, turn on the light,
Rid all the fog, fix my sight.

Lead me to where is my own boulevard,
Listen someone to this lost bard.
I feel like an alien here,
Like in a desert, a lost deer.

4 comments:

  1. I love poems!!! I'm doing a poem unit in English! Nice job by the way! Very visual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thats cool. Do you write poems?
      Thanks

      Delete
  2. too good dude . brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I can completely relate..In the second para, we could consider ourselves to be trees as well since we can't differentiate one from the other.. All of us are clone-zombies in a way.. Very well written, absolutely loved it! :D

    ReplyDelete