Thursday 14 February 2013

The Love Poem


I am not the 'Notebook' and 'P.S I love You' type of a person; love isn't really my area of expertise. But this is a poem which comes from an honest heart and a sincere soul. 

You are the diamond of my life,
Without you, how shall I survive!
You show me the light where darkness,
You show me the way out of my mess.

With you, I open up and laugh,
All my worries, switched off,
You stop all those tears as you come,
With you my day becomes awesome.

Describing me all about your day,
And listening to all I have to say,
I open all my heart to you,
As the leaves open up to the morning dew.

Your hands, they feel so warm,
When they hold mine, so firm,
You make me feel so safe inside,
In your arms I want to hide.

Yet you are so far away,
I wish to see you every day,
Why can’t you always be by my side?
Open my eyes, to joy, so wide.

All the distance between us creeps,
For your love this heart weeps,
As you go, disappears the smile,
Leaving me in a state of denial.

Why can’t I always have you in my sight?
Counting stars in the sky by the night,
For all those silly things we often fight,
Yet you protect me with all your might.


2 comments:

  1. Soooo.... who's the guy??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you think I would tell you here even if there was one? Don't worry there isn't anyone in particular.

      Delete